Saturday, December 22, 2012

Terminal Ferocity

The Nerd of Noir has posted the first review for my new book, Fierce Bitches (it's due February 13 from Crime Factory Books.)  Here's some tasty nerdage:

"if Fierce Bitches is any indication of what’s to come, the guy’s gonna be a fucking titan of crime fiction in no time."

Pre-shate it, Nerd. I've been saying the same thing for ages now. Finally got somebody to agree with me... waiting... still waiting...

Should titan-hood never be bestowed upon me, I'd like to take a guess at who got there first and slammed the door on me.

Jordan Harper's collected short stories American Death Songs will be available in January. Here's a blurb for that one:

"A harrowing, hallowing ode to those whose options boil down to a bullet, a bank or a strange stretch of highway. American Letters has found, in Harper, an agent worthy to take the crime fiction tradition into the 21st century." - Hardboiled Wonderland

This is one baaadass book.

Also: Jake Hinkson's novella The Posthumous Man is just released from David Cranmer's Beat to a Pulp Books. Hinkson's novel Hell on Church Street is one of my favorites of 2012. In fact, I made a list of my favorite debut novels of the year up at Ransom Notes this week. Good company - good news for the future of crime fiction.

No comments: