Saturday, December 18, 2010

When You Find a Stranger in the Alps

Aw, man, I just figured it out. This short story I was about to write is nothing but a rip off of one of my favorite Greg Bardsley stories - Funny Face. Dammit, now I got nothin.

At Ransom Notes I'm talking about Libby Fischer Hellmann's Set the Night On Fire. I make mention at the end of the piece that I found it a bit distracting that one of the main characters was named Philip Kerr and wondered if it was a big nod or coincidence or inside joke or what. I got an e-mail from her saying it was a completely subconscious gaff on her part. She, like me, is apparently a big fan of Kerr's Bernie Gunther books.

3 comments:

Jimmy Callaway said...

Do you see what happens, Larry?

Kieran Shea said...

Do! You! See?! What! Happens! When! You! F**K Someone in the a**? LARRY!!

Greg Bardsley said...

Larry? ... Larry? ... Oh, wrong Larry.